What can I expect and what is included in this 20 day, 200-hour Yoga Immersion?
Anahata Yoga Retreat, Golden Bay, New Zealand
- The experience of a life time!
- 3 nights all inclusive at Anahata Retreat, Golden Bay; all meals, shared accommodation and transport there and back to Nelson.
- 2 Teacher Training Manuals
- A delicious end of training meal
- A devotional daily yoga, pranayama and meditation practice.
- A deep and clear understanding of traditional yoga philosophy.
- The opportunity to explore and understand asanas (postures) in depth.
- Develop a beginners’ course.
- Delve deep into the Anatomy and Physiology of the human body in relation to yoga and yoga therapy. This will be taught by a practicing Chiropractic with more than 20 years of treating patients.
- Opportunity to participate and observe public yoga classes.
- Learn and practice Ashtanga, Primary Series.
- Internationally recognised Yoga Alliance Certification.
- Learn to teach in Sanskrit
- Yin yoga
- Vinyasa flow
- Sequencing a beginners course
- Learn how to teach correct and smooth transitions
- Beginners yoga
- Principles of Ayurveda – yoga’s sister science. This module will be presented by an Ayurvedic practitioner.
- Introduction to meditation and pranayama
- How to safely give adjustments
- Correct alignment techniques
- Voice projection
- The business side of yoga
To support your learning there will also be:
- Feedback sessions using video footage
- Morning rituals
- Public yoga class observation and optional teaching.
- Book list
- Teacher training manuals
- Guest teachers
- Ongoing support once the training has finished
On completion of the full training you will receive a Registered Yoga Alliance (RYA) certification.
Frequently Asked Questions:
WHAT STYLE OF YOGA IS THIS TEACHER TRAINING?
It is a Vinyasa-based style which connects the freedom of movement with the breath through flowing sequences. Sequences are carefully themed to deepen the students’ experience of Yoga. A flow of Sun Salutations and postures are skillfully sequenced, and modifications and props are used to individualize the practice for each student. Alignment is a big focus in this training, to ensure a safe and enjoyable practice.
We will be incorporating Ashtanga (Primary series) and Yin along with our Vinyasa Flow classes in our morning sessions to enable a variety of learning experiences. You will also have the opportunity to experience a variety of yoga styles taught by guest teachers.
HOW PROFICIENT IN YOGA DO I HAVE TO BE TO DO THE 200-HOUR PROGRAM?
We require that you have a minimum of 12 months of a consistent yoga practice before enrolling in our teacher training program. We want to make sure that trainees have a basic foundation in the primary yoga postures as we will be training 6 days a week. There is no pressure, all we ask is that you are committed to the full training.
WHAT IF I DON’T WANT TO BE A TEACHER?
That’s fine, this 200 hour training is ideal for those who want to delve deeper into the study of yoga, and to improve their own practice. It’s also great for students who simply want to have a transformational experience and to be a part of our thriving Yoga Community.
I HAVE AN INJURY/SPECIAL CONDITION – CAN I TAKE THIS COURSE?
We recommend that you check with your physician first and must sign a waiver stating that you are able to attend the training. With your doctor’s permission and release, minor physical limitations can also serve as helpful demonstrations to learn to work with students with similar limitations.
CAN I TAKE THIS TRAINING IF I’M PREGNANT?
We have had many pregnant students in our programs. It all depends on how you are feeling. All students should first check with their doctor to make sure they are clear to take this training.
DO YOU HELP ORGANIZE ACCOMMODATION FOR TRAVELLING STUDENTS?
We do not organize accommodation for our Teacher Trainings, but are more than happy to help.
ARE ANY BOOKS AND MATERIALS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE TRAINING?
The Teacher Training Manuals are included, but you will need to purchase the additional book on the book list.
- Yoga Sutras by Edwin Bryant
- Erich Schiffmann – Yoga, The Spirit and Practice of Moving Into Stillness.
- Donna Farhi – Yoga Mind, Body and Spirit.
- Dr David Frawley and Dr Subhash Ranade – Ayurveda, Nature’s Medicine.
What investment do I need to make?
NZD $3250 to be paid two months prior to training.
NZD$3595 to be paid one month prior to commencement date.
A non-refundable deposit of $500 needs to be paid on acceptance of registration.
Early Bird balance of $2750 is due no later than one month before commencement date.